• What data do we collect?
• How do we collect your data?
• How will we use your data?
• How do we store your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Carbon Group collects the following data:
• Personal identification information which you voluntarily submit to us through our contact form or order form (name, email address, phone number, etc.) or by subscribing to our e-newsletter.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Carbon Group with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Carbon Group collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order and manage your account. This may involve sharing your data with our payment gateway providers; we also share your contact information with our shipping providers.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like (this is done on an ‘opt in’ basis).
How do we store your data?
Carbon Group securely stores your data at Carbon Chemicals Group Ltd, Ringaskiddy, County Cork, P43 R772, Ireland. We use Microsoft Azure cloud services which encrypts stored data using MS Azure’s advanced 256-bit encryption. Carbon Group has taken all necessary steps to ensure that data is not accessed or processed inappropriately or accidentally or unlawfully destroyed, lost, damaged, altered or disclosed in an unlawful way. We have also implemented contractual safeguards in our relationships with the courier/delivery companies that are used to deliver your purchases to prevent unlawful processing of, or access to personal data.
All parties tasked with the delivery of your order have agreed to strict rules in relation to the treatment of the data we provide to them, including the purpose and method by which it is processed, stored and secured, returned and destroyed when no longer required. Please note, any breach of data security once detected will be reported and investigated in line with the relevant legislation. We are committed to treating any breach of data security seriously and will react quickly to notify the relevant authority and the individual within the required timeframe, where necessary. For tax purposes, Carbon Group will keep your purchase details for six years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
Carbon Group would like to send our customers and potential customers information about products and services of ours that we think they might be interested in. This is done on an ‘opt in’ basis. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Carbon Group from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
Carbon Group would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request Carbon Group for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Carbon Group correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Carbon Group to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Carbon Group erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Carbon Group restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Carbon Group’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Carbon Group transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us on +353 (0)21 4378 988
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
• To facilitate ‘add to cart’ and commerce functionality
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Cookies Related to Functionality: Carbon Group uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies:
You can set your browser not to accept cookies; https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites:
How to contact us:
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +353 (0)21 4378 988
Or write to us at:
Carbon Chemicals Group Ltd, Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork, P43 R772, Ireland.
How to contact the appropriate authority:
Should you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel that Carbon Group has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Address: 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.
Phone: +353 (0)1 639 5689